Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Halfway In, Halfway Out

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am--stuck in the middle with you." -Stealers Wheel

Today marks the midpoint of my time in Uganda--four and a half weeks have passed, and four and a half weeks remain.

I certainly miss home, so part of me rejoices that I’ve made it this far. Yet, from a projects standpoint--especially with regards to the sustainability of the rainwater harvesting (RWH) project--four weeks seems shockingly short. We still need to complete the primary school education campaign (we're visiting our first three schools today), determine how to best organize and implement these tank committees (who will theoretically provide oversight and management for the tanks), and decide how we will fund the operation and annual maintenance costs. Lauren and I also have plenty of preliminary work to do for our future projects.

Oh, and I almost forgot: We have a ton of work left for our documentary efforts. I started two weeks ago, but there are still many staff members, CVCs, and community members to interview and interventions to videotape. Okay, so now four weeks feels much shorter, but regardless, I’m leaving Uganda August 11, so I guess we’re just going to have to finish everything before then.

Ready, set, work!

2 comments:

  1. Totally would have picked "Halfway Gone" by Lifehouse, but that's just me. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a great point! Oh well... can you tell I'm missing my Fleetwood Mac Pandora station by this point?

    ReplyDelete