Saturday, July 3, 2010

Power Outage in Mbarara

There's no power in all of Mbarara right now.

Last night, on the way back from dinner, we stopped by a supermarket because some girls wanted chocolate. Initially we thought it was closed because it was so dark (it was around 9:30 PM), but the power was just out. The girls were given candles inside the store and happily completed their shopping by candlelight.

We lost power at Tank Hill shortly before I went to bed last night, and I hope we get it back soon! My laptop battery is already running low, and I happen to like my weekend Glee sessions. At least it's now daylight so I no longer need to wear my headlamp!

P.S. We've had power outages 3-4 times already, but they usually only lasted a few hours. At least the water is still on (for now, at least)...

1 comment: