Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tom & Jerry

Went into the dining area to grab a chipatte for lunch a little while ago, and two little kids were sitting there watching Tom & Jerry on the television. It always amazes me when I think about how much American culture permeates other nations. More examples: Hearing familiar music on the radio (Top 40 hits [or at least the ones that were Top 40 before I left for Uganda], John Legend, Black Eyed Peas, etc.) and seeing ads for Grey's Anatomy on the TV.

As a side note: I'm currently reading Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder. It's a FANTASTIC book. Those of you who don't know much about Paul Farmer should pick up a copy! I still can't believe I shook his hand last year. GHTA + Neha = awesome. /giddy

1 comment:

  1. I'm still super bummed I missed out on that.
    Thank you for trying for me though.

    ReplyDelete