Sunday, June 6, 2010

By the Numbers: Pre-trip

A throwback to my days as an editorial intern for Duke Magazine:

5...... Vaccines or boosters needed before the trip: yellow fever, Hep A, typhoid, meningitis, and polio
34.... Percent DEET in Ultrathon insect repellent
5...... Tubes of Ultrathon I'm bringing
2...... Size of each tube, in fluid ounces
15.... Cost of calling a Ugandan mobile phone per minute by Skype, in cents
80.... Temperature high for Mbarara today, Fahrenheit degrees
4...... Books packed: Pathologies of Power by Paul Farmer, Reason for Hope by Jane Goodall, Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder, and The Thinking Fan's Guide to the World Cup by Matt Weiland and Sean Wilsey
11..... Duration of my layover before flying to Amsterdam tomorrow, in hours
71..... Number of songs from Glee on my iPod
3.9.... How long it would take me to listen to those 71 songs, in hours
2.8.... How many times I could listen to Glee Volumes 1-3 on repeat during my layover

3 comments:

  1. Let's keep your glory days to the "by the numbers" section. No need to cross over into the obits... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11...Amount of time you could kill (in hours) drooling over a picture of Mr. Schuster while on said layover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam: I totally agree with you. No obits!

    Elisa: I honestly think Sue has ruined him for me, haha... every time I look at him now, I think of little elves living in his hair, baking cookies.

    ReplyDelete